keen shoes >>> keen places
August 6, 2011 § 2 Comments
Last weekend was wisdom teeth weekend. S took me home after surgery and bought tonnes of baby food. Mum visited me after surgery and cooked all kinds of innovative mushy stuff. I felt specially cared for. But I miss the texture of real food. To cheer myself up:
1. I bought purple vans. My baby blue converse is falling apart.
2. I watched Lost in Translation. I had great expectations because I love The Virgin Suicides and heard that Lost in Translation feels like Before Sunrise and In the Mood for Love. But I felt empty afterwards.
“I am reminded of Charlotte’s own claim in the movie that all girls pass through a stage of wanting to be a photographer, usually leading to lots of pictures of their own feet. Coppola composes ravishing images of her feet, but at a certain level, that’s all they are; even her cityscapes might be metaphors for her feet. When she really finds her feet, I have a sense that we’ll know it. I don’t think it’s quite happened, but I am eager to see her try again.”
3. I watched Waking Life. Again. I debated fear or laziness with S while drinking iced cap from Balzac’s.
5. I drank a bottle of Inniskillin Late Autumn Riesling.
6. I drank a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz.
9. I uploaded all my photos from Patagonia.
+1. I read 5 ways to beat the post-travel blues.
+1. I watched Kimi Wa Petto. Again.
+1. I read Matsuri Special. Yoko Kamio’s female characters have special skills. I think she is trying to tell us that we are all special.