November 1, 2011 § Leave a comment
img src=morresi fruit
- Air Canada refunded the plane tickets. Yes, I’m good at telling sob stories.
- Read November Vogue on Slacker Saturday. Have I mentioned that I love Rachel Sterne? I don’t think most real people (i.e. non models) look good in prints featuring three primary colors. She looks amazing.
- Denise and I are going to try Pilates.
- Manager informed me that I must take 7.5 days of vacation before end of the year because I can only carry forward 10 days. I’m taking 5.5 days to visit southern Cali with mum + dad over the holidays. Forced to take 2 more days. Oh no! What shall I do!
- morresi fruit grows the best tangerines. The orchard is in San Pedro, not far from Buenos Aires.
- Starting with any positive integer, replace the number by the sum of the squares of its digits, and repeat the process. Those numbers for which this process ends in 1 are happy numbers. 1 is a happy number.
October 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
You have successfully cancelled your flight reservation.
The value of an unused ticket can be applied to the value of a new ticket provided outbound travel commences within one year of original ticket issuance.
Non transferable: the original booking passenger(s) must use their respective amount(s).
Doesn’t Air Canada realize how difficult break-ups are? Why are they making it so difficult for me to cancel the booking with the insane “non transferable” thing? Or was I insane when I made the reservation on August 16? Not realizing that we were on the verge.
The present is less than pleasant.
Luckily, the past is a choice. When I remember CJ, I remember that he drove Jenny + Rach + me home after lust caution. In his two-seater. When I remember A, I remember that he drove me to Pittsburgh to see Fallingwater. Two weeks after we met. When I remember S, I will not choose to remember cancelled plane tickets. I will choose to remember humming together on the ferry, debating fear or laziness at Balzac’s, perhaps making the floorboards sing.
The future is a bigger choice. What am I going to do with my portion of the Air Canada credit???
August 6, 2011 § 2 Comments
Last weekend was wisdom teeth weekend. S took me home after surgery and bought tonnes of baby food. Mum visited me after surgery and cooked all kinds of innovative mushy stuff. I felt specially cared for. But I miss the texture of real food. To cheer myself up:
1. I bought purple vans. My baby blue converse is falling apart.
2. I watched Lost in Translation. I had great expectations because I love The Virgin Suicides and heard that Lost in Translation feels like Before Sunrise and In the Mood for Love. But I felt empty afterwards.
“I am reminded of Charlotte’s own claim in the movie that all girls pass through a stage of wanting to be a photographer, usually leading to lots of pictures of their own feet. Coppola composes ravishing images of her feet, but at a certain level, that’s all they are; even her cityscapes might be metaphors for her feet. When she really finds her feet, I have a sense that we’ll know it. I don’t think it’s quite happened, but I am eager to see her try again.”
3. I watched Waking Life. Again. I debated fear or laziness with S while drinking iced cap from Balzac’s.
5. I drank a bottle of Inniskillin Late Autumn Riesling.
6. I drank a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz.
9. I uploaded all my photos from Patagonia.
+1. I read 5 ways to beat the post-travel blues.
+1. I watched Kimi Wa Petto. Again.
+1. I read Matsuri Special. Yoko Kamio’s female characters have special skills. I think she is trying to tell us that we are all special.
July 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
S and I saw the aleph at soulpepper. His parents’ favorite theater in Toronto. Diego Matamoros is amazing!!! “Just a man in just a chair”!!!
Borges of course reminds me of buenos aires. This city knows history. This city knows facebook.